coming for.

Step into the ring with the boxing kangaroo
Forum rules
THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR AND DO NOT REPRESENT THE PUBLISHERS OF THE SITE.

coming for.

Postby Cl11234566 » February 20th, 2020, 1:49 am

The California State Athletic Commission has approved approximately 1,200 boxing licenses in 2016. None of them made global headlines except for Conor McGregors,?on Wednesday.Its obvious that a UFC lightweight champion obtaining a license to box is of great interest. But what does it really mean?One thing it doesnt mean is we all need to book flights to LAX for an inevitable match between McGregor and retired five-division champion Floyd Mayweather. Boxing license or not, there remain very tall hurdles between this fantasy fight and reality.But if McGregors rise has taught us anything, its that doubting him doesnt always work out. Thatll never happen are risky words when talking about Mystic Mac, whose words get a lot of attention because, as he has stated literally hundreds of times, his actions tend to back them up.And lately, he has been talking a lot about Mayweather and a $100 million payday.McGregor made history at UFC 205 on Nov. 12 by becoming the first fighter to hold two UFC titles simultaneously. Afterward, he laid out his expectations.Since the UFC sold for $4 billion earlier this year, McGregor says he has had no business discussions with new ownership WME-IMG. He expected that to change.Theyve got to come talk to me now, thats all I know, said McGregor, shortly after UFC 205. Both belts, chunk of money, little family on the way -- you want me to stick around and keep doing what Im doing? Lets talk. I want ownership now. I want the equal share. I want what I deserve, what Ive earned.It has been less than a month, but there has been no indication McGregor received that meeting. There was, however, the UFCs recent announcement that?he had relinquished one of his titles -- the 145-pound belt he won less than a year ago.That announcement took place during last weekends televised UFC event. McGregor didnt appear on the broadcast and wasnt involved in the news at all. He has yet to even publicly comment on it.In order for McGregor to use that newly acquired boxing license, he would need to either obtain the UFCs blessing or challenge certain aspects of his contract. The first seems unlikely, and the second requires money and time.But looking back at his UFC 205 comments, which include his intention to take time off until at least May for the birth of his first child, wasnt McGregor suggesting he now has both? Hes 28 and coming off a year in which he says he netted $40 million.He has a carrot -- or at the very least, the perception of a carrot -- in this mysterious Mayweather fight (or any boxing match, for that matter). As a boxer, he would also be entitled to various protections of the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act, which currently does not extend to mixed martial artists.Does this license show hes actually headed in that direction? Or is it entirely symbolic, to create more leverage with the UFC?The best bet is the latter, but its hard to be sure of anything when it comes to McGregor and his plans. Right now, thats a troubling reality if youre the UFC.Yeezy 500 Utility Black Cheap . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. Yeezy Boost 350 V3 Cheap . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.cheapyeezyswholesale.com/yeezy-boost-350-v2-for-sale.html . -- There were a lot of firsts for the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Fake Yeezys For Sale . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Triple White For Sale .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem.In the final fight of his UFC contract, light heavyweight contender Ryan Bader rolled to a third-round TKO over veteran Brazilian Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.Bader (22-5) effortlessly took down Nogueira, working ground and pound until referee Mario Yamasaki called a stop at the 3:51 mark of the third. The 205-pound fight headlined UFC Fight Night at Ibirapuera Gymnasium in Sao Paulo, Brazil.According to Fightmetric, Bader out-landed Nogueira in total strikes 129 to 11. The 33-year-old will enter free agency having won seven of his past eight.Ill get with the UFC, have talks with them, re-up, Bader said regarding his future. I dont see anybody else up there [in the lightweight division]. The top 5 is wide open. I deserve that title shot, and thats what Im coming for.Nogueira (22-8) landed a hard, clean, left hand in the opening round that appeared to stumble Bader a bit, but the Brazilian was otherwise completely ineffective. He surrendered a takedown 90 seconds into the fight and never really had any success from that point on.The 40-year-old light heavyweight is 1-3 in his paast four fights.dddddddddddd He has made only four appearances in the past three years.Almeida finishes Morales in slugfestBantamweight Thomas Almeida (21-1) finished?Albert Morales (6-1-1) via TKO at 1:37 of the second round.Almeida, 25, was expected to get back in the win column following the first loss of his career to Cody Garbrandt in May, but the fight Saturday night was far from a walk in the park.Morales hurt Almeida with crisp counter striking in the opening round. He caught Almeida loading up on the right hand, firing back with smart combinations. The right hand eventually found its mark for Almeida, however, and he staggered Morales later in the round.The finish mercifully came after a long exchange along the fence. A right cross briefly dropped Morales. After he bounced back up, Almeida hit him with a flurry and then a left hook to the body. The stoppage could have arrived much sooner.Almeida is now 5-1 in the UFC with four knockouts. ' ' '
Cl11234566

Return to Herb's Corner