know me a little bit better and call me by name

Anything Goes

know me a little bit better and call me by name

Postby ruogu1234 » November 19th, 2019, 11:43 pm

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND -- Graham DeLaet was on the course on Monday, playing a dozen or so holes to see the course and shake off the jet lag. This is the fifth major for DeLaet and hes missed the cut in the previous three, admitting that while he likes the test of the biggest tournaments, his record isnt all that good. However, he attributed much of his performance to learning the nuances of major championship golf. DeLaet also said that last year at Muirfield, his wrist took a beating due to the firmness of the turf and the steepness of his swing. The ground here at Royal Liverpool is a bit more lush than a year earlier which may help the Canadian. -- Phil Mickelson handed over the Claret Jug on Monday, a tradition the defending champion goes through each year. As do most winners, the lefthander took the trophy to every clambake and family outing he could, sharing it with friends whove helped him along in his career. Mickleson arrives in Liverpool in the midst of what most would consider a down year. He has no wins and not even a top-10 finish to speak of. But, not surprisingly, hes upbeat. “Well, it obviously hasnt been a good year,” he said. “Normally I would be discouraged or frustrated, but Im just not. Im not frustrated and Im not discouraged. I feel like Ive had some good breakthroughs in some areas. I havent had the results, I know I havent played well. But the parts feel a lot better than the whole right now.” Mickelson has armed himself with a few new clubs in the bag this week. Hes added a two-iron as well as a 64-degree wedge that has almost no bounce. Its the only tournament where hell carry these weapons. -- On Monday, members of the International Golf Federation met with the media. Thats the group charged with running golf in the Olympics, among other things. Of course the hot topic is the golf course, which, as with many of the facilities in Rio, is behind schedule. Ian Andrew outlined some of the issues in the latest SCOREGolf Magazine. The powers that be seem to think it will be completed on time and Ty Votaw, who works for the PGA Tour but is also the IGFs vice-president, said there will be a test event prior to the Olympics although there wont be any time to make any changes of significance after that. He also said there is an emergency plan in place. “Well, as far as contingency plan,” he stated, “I think were in no different place than all the other sports in the Olympic games for Rio 2016 and the readiness and preparedness of Rio. “But, yes, we do have plans in place, but were not going to tell you what they are.” -- The weather outlook for the Open, always a concern, is calling for a nice opening day on Thursday with unseasonably warm temperatures (that means getting into the 20s). But the remaining three days arent so positive with thunderstorms in the forecast. Discount Vapormax .A. Happ? Happs seven wins are second on the staff to Mark Buehrles 10. Win-loss record is an antiquated stat, sure, but win total is generally an indication of a pitchers ability to work deep into games, enough to be personally affected by the result. Cheap Vapormax .C. Now hes squarely in the U.S. capital and helping the Washington Wizards playoff drive. John Wall scored 33 points, Gooden got 11 of his 21 in the final quarter and the Wizards overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 101-94 win over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night. http://www.clearancevapormax.com/ . Now he can be had by any team willing to pay his salary. According to a report from ESPN, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are shopping the veteran CB and plan on releasing him Wednesday if they cant find a trade partner. Nike VaporMax Plus Bleached Aqua Black+Bleached Aqua-Vivid Sulfur . -- Among the 31 players at the Montreal Canadiens rookie camp, none feels closer to cracking the NHL roster than right winger Aaron Palushaj. Cheap Vapormax Flyknit China . The government says top golfers are expected to compete in the PGA Tour event at the Ashburn Golf Club in the suburb of Fall River from July 3-6 and again next year.RANCHO MIRAGE, Calif. -- Canadian womens amateur golf champion Brooke Henderson is a little less starstruck as she prepares for her second career appearance at an LPGA Tour major event. The 16-year-old student from Smith Falls, Ont., says she has more tour experience now than when she competed at the 2013 Womens U.S. Open, where she made the cut but finished tied for 59th. Her first major appearance came in just her second career tour event. Henderson will be a little more relaxed at the Kraft Nabisco Championship, which begins Thursday at Mission Hills Country Club. "This will be my fifth (tour event), so its just a lot more comfortable being around the big stars," she said Wednesday on a conference call. "They know me a little bit better and call me by name, which is pretty cool. "My nerves have calmed down a little bit and I know what to expect, where I was a little unsure in the beginning at the U.S. Oppen.dddddddddddd" The event comes with a US$300,000 first prize and $2-million total purse although as an amateur, that doesnt matter to Henderson. Shes one of 10 amateurs invited to compete. Henderson, the sixth-ranked womens amateur golfer in the world, will be joined by 22-year-old pro Rebecca Lee-Bentham of Richmond Hill, Ont., the only other Canadian in the field. Henderson has yet to finish high school but has already verbally committed to a scholarship at the University of Florida. She hopes to crack the top three in the world amateur rankings by the end of the summer. Older sister Brittany will caddy for her at Mission Hills, as she did at the U.S. Open. Henderson credits her sister, whos also a golfer, for being a role model. "I grew up watching her play and wanted to be exactly like her," she said. "I used to follow her around at tournaments ... she knows my game very well." ' ' '
ruogu1234

Return to Free-for-All